I waited until the AP tests were over to write this because AP tests are not fun... Breakfast is fun, just not the actual 3 hour test. The AP English one was actually not too bad. I did struggle a little bit with the first poetry multiple choice but I finished everything and I was pretty much focused the entire time. The essays were not as bad as I was afraid they would be and I just answered them in order 1-3. By the end I actually felt good, like I wasn't like "Oh my gosh I totally bombed that" but I was happy with it. I think that breakfast sandwich really helped too and the starbursts... But mostly the sandwich because it was just really really really really fantastic. So thank you for that :-) you prepared us really well and I hope that I did well!
On the other hand for my other AP test.... It was not good. It was pretty horrible. I knew about 20 questions and two of them were from AP English, not APUSH. One we didn't finish the material for the course, two she promised us breakfast at the beginning of the year but "because not many people are interested in the test" breakfast would be a waste of time, and three she did not prepare us. She planned an after school study session on Tuesdays, and the first one it was raining and snowing so I didn't go because I wanted to go home. So she canceled those sessions because not enough people were showing up after 1 day.... And today she accused me of not preparing enough or coming to a study session after I told her the test was horrible, and I was the person who stayed after anyways studying in the library. I don't like that class anymore. So I hope that she doesn't get re-certified, because that is not an AP class. And that is my rant for that terrible terrible class.
Sometimes it would be good to have everyone be like Merusault because of his matter of factness, and blunt honesty rather than that talk down to baby voice that mean teachers use. But then again, it would be a rather dreary world, and it is always good to have someone in your corner supporting you rather than just waiting for the end.
I am almost positive that I will be going to college, unless of course they decide to kick me out because of a bad AP history test, which I doubt. I will be going to Washington College in Chestertown, Maryland. It is a small, private school with less than 1500 undergrads. But the campus is gorgeous, and George Washington was on the board before he became president. The college was founded in 1782, and it was the first college founded in the new nation. I will be majoring in history as well which the location really helps because the town is so old. Plus they have the CV Star Center which is a historical society thing. I'm excited! They also have a whole intern/externship program that is slowly growing with their alumni base. Plus there is an alumna you did something similar to what I want to do. She received her history degree from Washington and then got her archival library science degree and works in a museum whereas I want to work at the Library of Congress. So I'm going to work my way towards that goal. And if I do not enjoy that I think I am going to become a high school teacher... We'll just have to watch what happens though :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment