Monday, December 8, 2014

The End of the Semester

I was going to try doing this every month, but College is difficult sometimes!
Anyways, as a reflection of my first semester here at Washington College I created a "What I Learned in College" List of some of the things I learned while here, and I have learned a lot about myself, other people, and life in general... So yeah!

What I Learned in College

  • High School A work is College B work
  • How to Make popcorn in the fancy machine thingy
  • How to open Champagne bottles with a Calvary saber from the War of 1812
  • Have three Calendars
  • You can get a job just by talking to someone
  • See Above
  • I became an Engineer in 5 weeks
  • I became an Executive in a Semester
  • The More you Know
  • People can sing and play instruments very, very well all over the place
  • The Library isn’t always the best place to study
  • Amazon Prime is your best friend
  • The Freshmen 15 is real; take a walk
  • Walking can save you from going Crazy
  • Find a group of people who have similar ideals, and stick to them
  • Never pass up Free Food
  • How to use a Long Dash (Hello Grammar) 
  • Smile at people
  • Never say “No” to possibly opportunities
  • Open Mic Nights are a blast
  • Homecoming is even raunchier in College than High School
  • Being a Technical Engineer is pretty awesome, though it involves heavy lifting
  • Rain Boots and an Umbrella are pretty handy when it rains
  • Drunk People Like Hugs
  • Drama is a gigantic, hilarious family
  • There are cliques
  • You Don't Have to Go Home Every Weekend
  • Talk to your roommate, if communication isn't there, problems will arise
  • Go to every free concert that is advertised
  • Go to Senior Thesis Plays
  • Go to Down-Rigging Weekend
  • Movie Nights are da Bomb
  • Spread out your studying
  • You never know when you may win a giant TV
  • Eat breakfast by yourself, you can start the day off right with a good book
  • Read to De-Stress
  • Believe that you can do what you set out to achieve
  • You can balance school work, sleep, and a social life
  • Go to the book talks, or any talk… You can get invited to a fancy and FREE dinner
  • Being friends with published Authors can get you free unpublished books
  • Be Nice to Everyone, you never know when they may offer you a job
  • Don’t go Crazy
  • Anything’s Possible


Also I have a new title:
Sarah Graff -- "Executive Engineer"


(Actual Title)
Sarah Graff
Co-Director of Special Events (Student Events Board Executive) (beginning Spring 2015)
Technical Engineer (Coolest Job ever)
C.V. Starr Center Associate
Prospective History Major
Class of 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment